The One Reel Super 8 Film Fest is Back and now partnering with Pro8mm!
Time to dust off those cameras and get your light meters out. Everything that you loved about our first annual experiment is back, only bigger and better as the Super 8 Film Fest is kicking off our opening night festivities at the Timecode:NOLA FF One Sep 28 2012! The same rules apply. One roll of film. Up to three minutes. Only editing in camera. Anything goes.
The guidelines are simple. You’ll come pick up your film at our Pick Up Party at the Lost Love Lounge on Friday, August 24th, and return it the following Friday, August 31st at the Lost Love Lounge at our Drop Off Party. Then it’s time to screen the results as we will kick off The Timecode:NOLA FF ONE on Friday, September 28th at 8PM at One Eyed Jacks with our ONE REEL SUPER8 COMPETITION SCREENING.
If you don’t have a Super8 camera, don’t sweat. You can rent a camera from us on August 24th as well, so there’s no excuses for not joining in the fun. Shoot whatever you’d like. There are no rules as to what you can put on screen, but be warned – no one is going to see the films beforehand, so if your film is under or overexposed, no one’s gonna know til it’s too late.
We will be keeping the format the same, so there will be an Audience Award, a Judges Award, and the Helen Hill Award for Creativity. Pro8mm is donating a brand new Rhonda CAM for the winner of the coveted Judges Award! Plus all filmmakers will receive a dvd of all competing Super8 films courtesy of Pro8mm High Def transfer of our films!
Rules for the One Reel Super 8 Film Contest
- Apply online NOW to secure your spot. Otherwise you can apply in person on August 24th at the Lost Love Lounge. Registration is $30.
- August 24th, you will receive your film at the Kick-off party at the Lost Love Lounge beginning at 8 pm.
- You will receive one roll of Super 8 film. YOU WILL ONLY RECEIVE ONE ROLL OF FILM PER REGISTRATION. If you lose your film we can’t give you another roll to replace your lost film.
- If you need to rent a Super 8 camera, it is a $50 rental deposit. You will receive your money back at the time of return. You can rent a camera the night of August 24th or anytime that week until Friday, August 31st. Please contact Jon Wood for more information or to set up a rental. (please do not rent a camera unless you Absolutely have to do to the limited amount of available cameras)
- Return your film intact on August 31st, beginning at 8pm at the Lost Love Lounge. You must edit the film in camera, so if the film is taken out of its cartridge, we won’t accept it.
- NO FILM WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE END OF THE DROP OFF PARTY ON AUGUST 31st.
- All films will be screened at One Eyed Jacks on September 28th beginning at 9:00 PM. Your registration fee includes ONE FREE ticket to this event. Any additional tickets needed for the event must be purchased separately.